Wednesday 28 January 2015

DC Universe: Tyrese Gibson is been chosen to be the John Steward (fourth Green Lantern)

There have been several assigned to the planet Earth in Sector 2814. 

Where as Tyrese Gibson is been confirmed to be playing John Stewart which is basically third but in total he is the fourth human lantern (If you include Alan Scoott and Simon Baz). he is been quoted saying on social media " I am fully committed to suiting up for this adventure" - @Tyrese #GL "In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!! "


However, IDRIS ELBA was the first choice and but due to the fact that Marvel had extended the Contract as well as on the other hand Idris is experssing on various media that he is not willing to continue the roll of Heimdall in Thor franchise in an interview He is been quoted saying "
"It was really weird...I’d just done eight months in South Africa. I came to England and the day I came back I had to do reshoots on Thor 2....And in the actual scene my hair was different, my…[exasperated sigh.]...“I was like, ‘This is torture, man. I don’t want to do this.’ My agent said: ‘You have to, it’s part of the deal.’ "
His feelings towards the Marvel movies didn't improve during the reshoots...
“I’m actually falling down from a spaceship, so they had to put me in harness in this green-screen studio. And in between takes I was stuck there, fake hair stuck on to my head with glue, this f------ helmet, while they reset. And I’m thinking: ‘24 hours ago, I was Mandela’. When I walked into the set the extras called me Madiba. I was literally walking in this man’s boots. [Within] six months, the crew, we were all so in love with this film we had made. I was him. I was Mandela, practically...Then there I was, in this stupid harness, with this wig and this sword and these contact lenses. It ripped my heart out." Which...really makes it seem like Elba has no interest whatsoever in being part of the MCU.


Nevertheless, John Stewart is the fourth green lantern, an architect and ex- marine soldier, formerly a sniper for the U.S. Marines. Originally given Green Lantern Corps membership after his predecessor Hal Jordan left the position for the planet Earth in Sector 2814 (and became the green latern leader and replaced gone Rogue Sinestero), John Stewart has also shared the planet with his friends and fellow officers Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner. Prior to her death at the hands of Star Sapphire, he was married to the alien Katma Tui. He has also been the most shown green lantern as a member of the Justice League, the Darkstars and the Indigo Tribe. John Stewart was created by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, first appearing in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #87. (1972)

1 comment:

  1. i hope tyrese a lantern it's a joke, fail annonce for the new movie if not.
    this guy's have no acting skill

    ReplyDelete